TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE RIGHT DOG BREED
Choosing a FUR CHILD to become a member of your family is a
Here are a few tips to help you make the right choice
Henry as a puppy
It is an unfortunate fact that many people choose a dog that is entirely not suitable for their family, their life-style & personalities. Furkids are intelligent sensitive creatures that need to be understood & given the chance to express themselves naturally so they become an integrated part of your life. Unless you own a working dog, you are probably looking for companion.
A few factors to consider:
- Possibly the most important factor to consider is BREED BEHAVIOR
- BREED SIZE, some big dogs seem bigger than others. example: a Deer Hound is a large tall dog but takes up surprisingly small amount of room when lying down, it also moves quietly & with ease. Whereas a Dog like "BIG" Henry is prone to knocking things over sprawling out all over the floor like a giant rug & can reach the kitchen bench with ease. ( I love all these things about him, that's why this breed works for me) but maybe not the slobber affect so much.
(Big)Henry & Gracie the Spoodle
- The cost of feeding a dog can be a significant factor as well. some giant breeds don't eat a huge amount whereas some medium breeds can consume more than you would think not to forget the little guys, their bill is not so much.
- There will also be vet bills, yearly vaccinations, worming, flea & tick treatment, grooming etc. The bigger the dog, The more expensive it gets.
- Lifestyle is another important factor. You want to get a breed that will fit in with you, if you are active you can go for more more active canines. eg. Border Collies need lots of stimulation to keep them out of trouble.Provided they get sufficient exercise they will be happy to fit into your routine. Other active breeds, Airedale, Australian Shepard, Dalmation, Springer Spaniel. If you lead a more laidback lifestyle perhaps a less active breed will suit, eg laidback breeds, Mastiff, Great Dane, Blood Hound, Newfoundland, Basset Hound.
ALL DOGS HAVE THEIR OWN GREAT TRAITS.
DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE ADDING YOUR NEWEST FAMILY MEMBER.
LOVE, LOVE DOGS